Monday, February 18, 2013

Books "There Was and Old Lady"

There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly
I used these 2 books when making the printable. The yellow book above has a goat in it that the old lady swallows.  The yellow book above "I Know an Old Lady" by Rose Bonne (1961 copyright)
Book on top is "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly" by Simms Taback (1997 copyright)
Information about the books,  it is a favorite American folk poem, it was first heard in the United States in the 1940's. Several different versions from Georgia, Colorado and Ohio were collected for Hoosier Folklore (Dec. 1947), but its true author remains unknown.
Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Pinterest, I just found your blog. It is amazing!! I have a 3yo and 4yo and I cant wait to get started. Thank you!
Cindy

Post a Comment